Naked Café (fully vegan) 571 Lawrence Avenue The Naked Café
Convering a 42 square block radius, the Downtown On Call (DOC) team is trained to deal with front line issues related to personal safety, hospitality and help create a positive social environment in Downtown Kelowna. And they look good doing it too.
If at anytime you are in immediate danger call, 911.
• On-site assistance – loitering, aggressive panhandlers, removal of unwanted individuals on private property
• Loss prevention
• Security Alerts – alerts businesses of the description of undesirable individuals (make sure that we have your fax and/or email so you can receive our Security Alerts)
• Safe Walk escorts – to either your car or another downtown establishment
• Bank drop escorts
• Drug paraphernalia and needle pick-up
• Education for your staff on our services. We want everyone who works Downtown to feel safe
• Tips and education for businesses to help reduce undesireable activity on their property
• Provide information about Downtown businesses. community services & give directions
• Develop an awareness of the homeless community and we seek to connect with the homeless to gain their cooperation
• Check Downtown Kelowna each morning for sleepers, and remove temporary shelters so it is cleaned up when businesses open
• Patrol back lane ways from late afternoon into the early evening, to ensure alleys and parking lots are free of loiterers when offices are leaving
• Perform regular checks of parkades and parking lots
• Perform regular checks of City Park, Kerry Park, Stuart Park and high traffic areas and inspect public washrooms
• Work to develop, build and maintain relationships with Social Sericves Agency an RCMP to share information and concerns, and problem solves to minimize undesirabe activity.