CONGRATS! Over $1500 in prizes for shopping local
This contest is now closed. Thank you to all participating businesses and to all those who shopped local this Holiday Season!
Congratulations to the following winners of our prize packages:
- Dawn Robertson
- Romaine Earle
- Sage Wrishko
- Linden Hibberson
- Jordan Morie
- Rory Kowalchuk
- Erin Page
- Kristi Shortt
- Crysten Parish
- Pamela Mulligan
The winners have been contacted; per the Contest Rules, they have 24 hours to accept the prize and 30 days to collect.
Thanks for supporting local businesses!
1. The Shop Local Holiday Giveaway (the “Contest”) contest begins on December 1, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST) and ends on December 23, 2022 at 11:59pm PST (the “Contest Period”)
2. The Contest is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province at the time of entry AND/OR any minor that has explicit permission granted to them from their parent or guardian at the time of entry.
3. The Contest is coordinated and facilitated by the Downtown Kelowna Association, or DKA (the “Sponsor”).
How to Enter & Qualify for the Contest
4. To participate in and qualify to be a winner of this Contest you must:
a. Visit any of the participating businesses during the Contest Period;
b. Obtain a ballot from any of the participating businesses (“physical ballot”) OR scan the contest-specific QR code at any of the participating businesses to access the online entry form (“digital ballot”);
c. During the Contest Period, submit a completed physical or digital ballot. All fields on this form, physical or digital, must be fully completed; each submission is considered one (1) entry into the contest. If no purchase is made, this must be indicated on the ballot. Purchase is not necessary for contest entry.
d. Be responsive within 24 hours of being announced a winner either by telephone call, email, or Instagram and/or Facebook direct message;
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR NAME MAY BE POSTED ON DOWNTOWN KELOWNA’S WEBSITE, INSTAGRAM, AND FACEBOOK AND/OR SPONSOR’S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS) AND COMMENTED ON MY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC).
Draw and Winner Selection
5. Contest participants will be entered into a randomized draw on Wednesday, January 4, 2023 at approximately 4pm PST. Multiple draws will be made. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. On Thursday, January 5, 2023 the selected entrants will be contacted privately by telephone call, email, or Instagram and/or Facebook direct message and notified that they have won. The selected entrants must then reply within 24 hours to accept their prize. If there is no response within 24 hours, the sponsor reserves the right to re-draw and choose a new winner.
7. Winners will be announced on the DKA social media channels and website.
8. Contest winners have 30 days from the date of notification to collect their prize. Should Contest winners not collect their prize within this time period, the Sponsor reserves the right to retain the prize for use in other promotions or giveaways.
9. There will be a total of 10 prize packs awarded, comprised of various prizes donated by Downtown Kelowna businesses and a $250 VISA gift card sponsored by the Downtown Kelowna Association.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award. Prizes will only be awarded to the person whose name has been drawn.