DKA WINTER STREET MARKET 2022 VENDOR, PARTICIPANT & SUPPLIER INFO
Thank you for joining us for the 2022 DKA Winter Street Market! Please read this information carefully and ensure that you fully understand your responsibilities as a vendor, participant, or supplier.
Winter Street Market Event Site Access
- 1350 Water Street between the Roundabouts on either side of City Hall/Stuart Park. You may access the City Hall Parking lot for drop offs only, once you have finished unloading you must move to an adjacent parkade or along Doyle Ave or somewhere else in the Downtown core to park.
Load-In, Set-Up, and Tear-Down
- Vendors/participants/suppliers will be assigned times to arrive for load-in and set up. Due to the unique nature of this event site, we ask that you abide by these times out of respect for your fellow exhibitors (etc.) and for the safety of all.
- Vehicular access to the site is prohibited at all times.
- When you are at or near your stall location, please unload as much as possible and exit the event If you have a market partner, please leave them to set up while you park your vehicle. Vendors must complete set up by 10:30 AM on December 3, 2022.
- Vendors may not pack up and/or leave the event area prior to 6:00PM on Saturday, December 3, 2022. Tear-down may commence at 6:01PM.
- Vendors are responsible for clean-up of the space on which they have been allowed to operate. Clean up and removal of your material and garbage (including disposal of grey water) is to be completed by 7:30PM. Garbage and recycling receptacles will be provided on site. The Vendor must leave event area by 7:45pm.
Site Access for Tear-Down, Exiting the Site
- Please be aware that when tear-down is happening, Downtown will be extremely busy with visitors to the event as well as those trying to tear-down and leave for the day.
Parking & Site Access for Tear-down
- There are three parkades in Kelowna (Library Parkade, Memorial Parkade and the Chapman Parkade) that provide short- and long-term parking options, along with event parking. There is no charge parking after 5 p.m. on weekdays and on weekends/stat holidays – except during special events (signs will be displayed near the entrance when & if event parking is in effect). To view real time availability, visit Find parking.
- Drop cloths or tarps MUST be used for all food service areas and under your vehicle while on site. Drop cloths MUST cover vehicles from bumper to bumper.
- Ice may be disposes of on the roadway or in storm drains.
- Any costs incurred by the DKA for clean-up of spilled items on brick or pavement will be charged back to the vendor. The vendor must comply with all regulations laid out by Interior Health’s Mobile Food Premises approval and permit regulations.
- Power will not be provided to food trucks; please rely on your generators for power.
Tents, Tables, and Other Rentals
- Tenting for your vendor space is mandatory, as is the use of weights to secure the tent. It is your responsibility to provide weights; sandbags or water filled jugs are sufficient.
- Each vendor is solely responsible for any costs associated with arranging their tables, chairs, and tents. We suggest reaching out to either All Occasions Party & Event Rentals (250.763.8687) or Avalon Event Rentals (250.861.1575).
- Each vendor is solely responsible for arranging and covering costs for power, if required. New Horizon Productions (NHP) is providing the temporary electrical services for Winter Street Market and Light Up and will ensure these services are distributed properly and safely. NHP’s certified electricians will be monitoring and approving all electrical services at our event to ensure they comply with the BC Safety Authority standards.
- DKA will cover the costs associated with providing power to all market participants, except for food trucks. Food trucks should rely on their generator/s for power.
- Please note that all generators must be approved by the on-site electrician.
- DKA/IMPACT EVENTS have devised the site map and has provided all vendor with a location within the event area; this location shall be at the sole discretion of the DKA/IMPACT EVENTS.
- All vendors must set up at their appointed space; moving or trading spaces is not permitted. Please note that DKA/IMPACT EVENTS has the right to move your vendor location on Saturday, December 3, 2022, if required due to unforeseen circumstances in the event. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to create a positive, exciting event for both vendors and the public.
- Smoking of tobacco or cannabis is strictly prohibited in the event site or at vendor spaces.
- Booth animation and/or music played from vendor spaces will be restricted and must be approved by the DKA/IMPACT EVENTS.
- Vendors will operate their booth from 11:00AM to 6:00PM on Saturday, December 3, 2022.
- All sales must cease at 6:00PM
Bank Machines – Customer Payment
- There are no bank machines on site. However, there are several banks in the Downtown area should your customer/client need to pay with cash.
- Please ensure your mobile payment systems are up to date and charged.
- DKA/IMPACT EVENTS will not be responsible for loss or damage to any property. Accordingly, each vendor shall take all necessary precautions to protect their valuables. Each vendor is responsible for their own cash, credit card and debit card security.
Rain, Shine or Snow
- This is a rain shine or snow event. Refunds will not be issued.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact: