BLOCK PARTY 2022 STREET MARKET VENDOR GUIDELINES
Thank you for your interest in joining the street market with a vendor stall at Block Party 2022! Please note that completion of the Application Form does not guarantee a vendor space at Block Party. Notification of acceptance will take place in a timely manner via email, with further details advanced closer to the event date.
**FOR STREET-LEVEL BUSINESSES ON BERNARD ONLY**
If you have frontage along Bernard Avenue within the Meet Me on Bernard footprint, you can create a Storefront Pop-Up or special display outside your business at no charge. The goal should be to entice visitors to Block Party into your store.
- Pop-ups must not block sidewalk access.
- Tent usage must be approved.
- The pop-up storefront display is allowed on Saturday, July 23, 2022 ONLY.
- Power will not be provided.
- All other guidelines in this document pertaining to hours of commerce, load-in, set-up, tear down, etc. apply.
STREET MARKET VENDOR STALLS:
Vendors in Street Market – General Info
- A limited number of vendor spaces for the street market are available; DKA businesses are prioritized.
- Only one vendor is permitted to operate per vendor space and application. The vendor is not permitted to allow another business to operate from their vendor space.
- Each market vendor space is 10’ x 10’.
- All food vendors are asked to consider having a drop cloth to cover their entire operation. Any costs incurred by the DKA for clean-up of spilled items on brick or pavement will be charged back to the vendor. The vendor must comply with all regulations laid out by Interior Health’s Mobile Food Premises approval and permit regulations.
- If you will be preparing, providing, or serving food and/or drinks at your vendor booth, you require an approved food permit from Interior Health Authority to participate in Block Party 2022. If you don’t have a food permit, you can apply for a Temporary Food Service permit from Interior Health at https://www.interiorhealth.ca/information-for/businesses/food-premises. Complete and submit your application by June 15, 2022.
- Once you have received your Temporary Food Permit, or if you have already acquired a permit, please provide a valid copy to email@example.com, subject line ‘BP FOOD PERMIT’ by June 15, 2022. Please note that without this approval, you will not be able to participate Block Party 2022.
Communicable Disease Prevention
- The Vendor must, at a bare minimum, provide hand sanitizer for patrons and will comply with all COVID-19 safety regulations that are currently in place on the date of the event.
Tents, Tables, and Other Rentals
- Tenting for your vendor space is mandatory, as is the use of weights to secure the tent. It is your responsibility to provide weights; sandbags or water filled jugs are sufficient.
- Each vendor is solely responsible for any costs associated with arranging their tables, chairs, and tents. We suggest reaching out to either All Occasions Party & Event Rentals (250.763.8687) or Avalon Event Rentals (250.861.1575).
- If you are renting equipment for your vendor stall, all deliveries must be made by 9:00am on Saturday, July 23, 2022.
- Each vendor is solely responsible for arranging and covering costs for power, if required. New Horizon Productions (NHP) is providing the temporary electrical services for Block Party 2022 and will ensure these services are distributed properly and safely. Their certified electricians will be monitoring and approving all electrical services at our event to ensure they comply with the BC Safety Authority standards.
- Please note that all electrical equipment (generators) must be approved by the on-site electrician.
- If you are using power at Block Party 2022, please indicate so on the Vendor Application Form.
- Reach out to Dan at NHP; call at 250.762.6775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DKA will provide the vendor with a location within the event area; this location shall be at the sole discretion of the DKA. Locations for DKA Business Members will receive priority. Specific location requests cannot be granted.
- Confirmation of location within the Block Party site plan will take place once payment is received IN FULL. A site map will be provided to indicate your site number and your location along Bernard Avenue. All vendors must set up at their appointed space; moving or trading spaces is not permitted.
- Please note that the Downtown Kelowna Association has the right to move your vendor location on Saturday, July 23, 2022, if required due to unforeseen circumstances in the event. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to create a positive, exciting event for both vendors and the public.
- Smoking of tobacco or cannabis is strictly prohibited in the event site or at vendor spaces.
- Booth animation and/or music played from vendor spaces will be restricted and must be approved by the DKA by July 13, 2022.
Load-In, Set-Up, and Tear-Down
- Access points into each block of the Bernard Avenue closure will be identified by the City of Kelowna. Vendors may only access their assigned vendor location between designated hours and agrees to follow guidelines as set by The City of Kelowna (to follow).
- Vendors will be given access to the site for load in beginning at 7:30AM on Saturday, July 23, 2022.
- Vendor deliveries will not be allowed into the event area after 9:00AM.
- Vendors must complete set up by 9:30AM on Saturday, July 23, 2022.
- Vendors may not pack up and/or leave the event area prior to 4:00PM on Saturday, July 23, 2022. Tear down may commence at 4:01PM.
- Vendors are responsible for clean-up of the space on which they have been allowed to operate. Clean up and removal of your material and garbage (including disposal of grey water) is to be completed by 5:30PM. Garbage and recycling receptacles will be provided on site. The Vendor must leave event area by 5:45pm.
- Vendors will operate their market stall from 10:00AM to 4:00PM on Saturday, July 23, 2022.
- All sales must cease at 4:00PM.
- DKA will not be responsible for loss or damage to any property. Accordingly, each vendor shall take all necessary precautions to protect their valuables. Each vendor is responsible for their own cash, credit card and debit card security.
Rain or Shine
- This is a rain or shine event. Refunds will not be issued.
Vendor Application, Contract, and Fees
- The Block Party 2022 Vendor Application Form and Contract must be submitted by June 17, 2022.
- All vendor fees must be paid by June 24, 2022.
- $10 from vendor fees collected (exclusive of fees for Not-for Profit Society/Organizations) will be donated to We Support 3.
- All Block Party 2022 vendors must confirm their understanding and acceptance of the Liability Waiver included with the Contract.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Communications & Events Manager
Downtown Kelowna Association