Block Party is a free, family-friendly event held in Downtown Kelowna that fuses community, culture, art, food, shopping, and entertainment. Block Party comprises a street market, live and roving entertainment, mobile food vendors, family activities and more. Downtown Kelowna becomes an epicentre of energy attracting thousands of residents and visitors alike.
Block Party returns to Downtown Kelowna on Saturday, July 22 from 10am to 4pm. See you at the party!
2023 vendor & PROGRAMMING registration
Looking to join our Street Market or join the Program Roster? Applications from DKA Members are now being accepted.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or at 250.862.3515 with questions or for more information.
DKA Member Application
Summer’s back and it’s time for a PARTY!
In 2022, Downtown Kelowna Association’s Block Party was held on Saturday, July 23 — and what a party it indeed! Over 10,000 visitors joined us for an incredible day of community celebration. We can’t wait to see you this year for another wonderful day in Downtown Kelowna.
Stay tuned for information about activites and entertainment.
Check out the fun we had at Block Party 2023 in the video below.
CALLING BERNARD AVE MERCHANTS!
If you have street-level frontage along Bernard Avenue, you can create a street-level storefront display outside your business at no charge. The goal should be to entice visitors to Block Party into your store. Please remember you may not have the same amount of space to set-up as in the past.
- Must not block sidewalk access.
- Tent usage must be approved.
- The display is allowed on Saturday, July 23, 2022 ONLY.
- Set-up may commence at 8:00am and must be complete by 9:30am.
- Street-level commerce may be conducted between 10am-4pm ONLY.
- Tear down may commence at 4:01pm and must be complete by 6pm.
- Power will not be provided.
Businesses with street-level frontage along Bernard should register their storefront displays ASAP. This will help us as we are in the final site mapping stages of event planning. Thank you!
Please contact email@example.com if you have questions.
VOLUNTEER @ BLOCK PARTY!
The DKA is currently seeking a number of volunteers to assist us with this event, with volunteer shifts (4-6 hours in length) sometime between 7am-7pm.
Volunteer duties may include:
- Ensuring no unauthorized vehicles enter the event site.
- Greeting vendors at site access points, provide directions to vendor stalls.
- Safely guiding vendors & vehicles to vendor stalls during set-up.
- Asking all cyclists, skateboarders, scooter riders to dismount before entering site.
- Communicating with pedestrians at crosswalks, reminding them to wait until safe cross.
- Providing directional & general information about the event.
- Emptying garbage & recycling as needed.
- Maintaining cleanliness of event site.
- Providing general assistance to event organizers.
Volunteers will receive a DKA gift pack as a token of our appreciation! If you are interested in lending a hand, please fill out the Volunteer Intake Form.