marketing & social media manager
Marketing team | June 20, 2022
The Downtown Kelowna Association is hiring a Marketing & Social Media Manager!
We are looking for a marketing professional who is a self starter and creative, someone who wants to make a difference through their marketing efforts, is comfortable working autonomously and coming up with new ideas! We need someone who loves social media and is excited at helping foster and grow our social following. The Association works in service of our membership via our channels to promote the vibrancy of Downtown and encouraging visitation. The new Marketing & Social Media Manager will create and drive messaging and campaign in alignment with those objectives.
Who we are:
The Downtown Kelowna Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to ensuring that the downtown Business Improvement Area (BIA) is a safe and desirable place to conduct business, live, work, play and enjoy through the cooperative efforts of its members and government.
- Social Media Management experience
- Prior Marketing education or experience
- Advertising experience
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Highly organized
- Experience managing budgets
- Graphic design experience a bonus
- Create and lead the Downtown Kelowna Marketing strategy
- Social Media Management – Plan and create all social media posts and advertising. Maintain brand voice and tone across all channels.
- Organize paid digital advertising initiatives including but not limited to: Google, radio, and digital ads
- Coordinate print materials as needed for the Association such as signage or branded items
- Provide marketing and promotional support to the downtown business community
- Contribute to member communications and newsletters
- Coordinate with local community partners
- Work closely with the Executive Director and provide support as needed. Meet consistently to go over budgets and updates
Our ideal candidate will be creative, adaptable, comfortable in their skills and coming up with new ideas and sharing them (we don’t bite!)
We offer flexible working conditions including remote opportunities, benefits and a friendly bunch of people to work with! Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all applicants! Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Compensation for this role will be based on experience. Please upload resume and cover letter in your application.