On Call Team| June 20, 2022
The Downtown Kelowna Association’s award winning On-Street Services department is looking for new members on our on-street ambassador / security team.
The Downtown On-Call team is trained to deal with front line issues related to personal safety, hospitality and help
create a positive social environment in Downtown Kelowna.
Who we are:
The Downtown Kelowna Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to ensuring that the downtown Business Improvement Area (BIA) is a safe and desirable place to conduct business, live, work, play and enjoy through the cooperative efforts of members and government.
We are looking for new team members with; an attention to detail and able to diffuse difficult conflict situations; use telecommunications (i.e. two-way radio, mobile phone) and computers; follow radio and emergency telephone procedures; ensure safety and emergency procedures are followed.
This can be a physically demanding position with substantial walking, standing, bending and lifting.
– Current BST License (or we will help you get one)
– Valid Driver’s License
– Completion of High School or equivalent
– Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
– Friendly and outgoing personality with excellent customer service skills
– Alert with an attention to detail and able to maintain professional integrity in a variety of situations
– Solid work ethic, reliable and able to work effectively without supervision
– Able to lift 50 lbs comfortably
– Available to work all shifts which include weekends, early mornings, days and evenings as required
Wages & Hours:
– Full-time and Part-time positions available
– Health and Dental Benefits after 90 days (Fulltime Employees)
– Uniform & training provided
– Days, evenings and weekends – actual days and hours may vary
– $20.00/hr to start
APPLY with cover letter and resume to:
We thank all applicants in advance, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.